MGL believes that outstanding business performance requires outstanding HSE performance in the protection of the health and safety of our people, those affected by our operations, our physical assets, our reputation and the environment.
Our Goal is zero injuries because we believe they are all preventable. We conduct our business in a responsible manner and adhere to internationally accepted good practices. HSE performance is everyone’s responsibility and we each have a duty to intervene to prevent unsafe actions and to reinforce good behavior through demonstrating HSE leadership. Safety in all our operations is a critical success factor for our business.
In implementing this policy we will ensure that:
- Management decisions reflect our HSE intentions.
- Our HSE management system reflects best industry practice and is properly resourced.
- Continuously improve our HSE performance by acting on lessons learnt;
- To avoid work related ill health, accidents and incidents,
- To prevent pollution and
- To minimize environmental emissions, waste and energy use.
- Ensure and maintain compliance with all legal requirements as well as MGL Life Savers to operate our business and which relate to its environmental aspects and OH&S risks.
- Provide direction, education, training and supervision to ensure all employees are competent and understand their accountabilities, the required behavior and the consequences of non-compliance.
- Ensure that our contractors and suppliers understand their HSE accountabilities and required behavior, share our aspirations and are aware of the consequences of non-compliance. We will share and learn from each other’s experiences.
- Work with our partners to achieve internationally accepted good practice in HSE and learn continually from each other's experiences.
- Adopt a risk based approach to the design, construction and operation of our facilities across their life cycles.
- Educate frontline contracted staff through ‘No Safety & Technical Competency (STC) No Work’ system.
- Involve and consult all our Stakeholders and take into account their concerns on HSE.
- Report on our HSE objectives together with our performance and work with industry and government agencies to improve HSE practices.
- Our policy is used as a framework for setting and reviewing Environmental and OH&S objectives and targets.